Bring your passion for fitness, health, and wellness to individuals of all ages and backgrounds through our two-year Fitness and Health Promotion program.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Courses will focus on health promotion, individual and group exercise programming, nutrition, fitness assessment, and recreation management. The program is also structured to give you interprofessional opportunities to interact with Cambrian’s Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy Assistant students, as well as Massage Therapy students.
This program is the only Fitness and Health Promotion program in Ontario with an outdoor recreation course. Enjoy being active outdoors while exploring what northern Ontario has to offer through camping trips and more!
In your final semester, you’ll apply your skills and knowledge in an actual work environment, giving you industry training that you can showcase to potential employers when you graduate.
What's in it for you?
- Athlete development coach
- Group exercise instructor
- Health and fitness assessor
- Health coach
- Personal trainer
- Program director or manager
- Recreation or fitness programmer
- Sport or fitness retail sales consultant
- There are a range of career options in private, public, and corporate health centres. Health and fitness professionals can be found working in municipal and community-based organizations, long-term care centres, resorts/hotels, parks, camps, and more!
This program will allow you to take courses in-class, online, or a combination of both!
Plan your future
- Flex learning
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 operating system
- Web browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Apple Mac
- OS X operating system
- Web browser: Firefox or Safari
You’ll be accessing industry-standard software as part of your program. Your program coordinator and IT will set you up with access on your computer or within our campus labs. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email email@example.com or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.